Permanent General Companies, Inc., a leading non-standard auto insurance provider, is seeking qualified applicants for Supervisor, Total Loss Claims. Permanent General offers an employee friendly, fun and challenging work environment where the right candidate will learn and grow with the company. We pride ourselves on teamwork and quality customer service. If you do too, please check us out!
Permanent General offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), wellness initiatives, 401(k) participation with a matching contribution and much more!
Reporting to the Manager, Property Damage Claims, the primary responsibilities of this position are managing total loss claims staff to ensure prompt, efficient and fair resolution of total loss claims. Other essential job responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate with Claims Managers to ensure prompt recognition, file notations and routing of appropriate claims to Total Loss Unit.
• Establish and maintain efficient supervisory diary on all Total Loss claims files. Review all Total Loss claims files a minimum of every 30 days.
• Develop and maintain an effective department through staff modeling/forecasting and proper selection, training and assignment of staff. Coordinate with Claims Training Specialist on appropriate training for Total Loss Unit.
• Mentor and coach associates to develop skills, increase job knowledge and achieve stated performance objectives. Provide quarterly and annual performance appraisals.
• Evaluate total loss files using Total Loss Quality Review Guidelines. Ensure that results are promptly communicated to adjuster and incorporated into adjuster’s performance review.
• Approve and document ACV evaluations up to authority limit of $20,000 in claim files. Approve total loss payments within authority.
• Gather and report on information pertaining to unit productivity, quality and timeliness measures.
• Resolve complaint calls from customers, department of insurance, etc.
• Associate’s Degree or higher in business related field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of five years total loss claims handling experience in a non-standard environment with a minimum of two years supervisory experience.
• Computer proficiency with familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Windows and Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with claims personnel, insureds/claimants, attorneys, vendors, etc.
• Ability to use and interpret information which requires refining and improving existing methods of claims analysis.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) as well as the calculation of averages and percentages.