Permanent General Companies, also known as "The General®" Insurance Company as seen in national television advertisements, is a rapidly growing company and a leading non-standard auto insurance provider is currently looking for a highly driven, consumer-oriented Claims Solutions Manager to join our rapidly growing team.
The General® offers a generous benefits package to its employees including medical, dental, vision and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), 401(k) participation with a matching contribution, bonus eligibility, Employee Assistance Program, wellness initiatives and much more!
This position will play a key role for the business by ensuring change initiatives within the claims department are meeting objectives on time and on budget and will lead the business and cross functional units in key strategic initiatives through influence and have organizational impact. This role will focus on change management, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organizational structure. As part of this role, the role will support the business and enterprise project teams in applying a structured methodology for change management initiatives, support communication efforts, assess change impact, and support training efforts.
· Consult with the PMO team and other functional units on projects that impact the claims function; identify analyze and prepare risk mitigation plans
· Influence leaders outside direct line of authority across the organization in strategic initiative creation, development and implementation of projects
· Manage initiatives and the business through the creation of actionable deliverables
· Manage, coordinate and engage key stakeholders, including senior leaders
· Track, report out and measure issues and success metrics and monitor execution
· Develops action plans, specifications and prepares cost / benefit analysis related to organizational or process improvement recommendations
· Coordinate internal resources, third party relationships and vendors from RFP through execution of different claims initiatives
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related area
· 5+ years’ process improvement, project coordination/management, claims
· 1+ years’ management / leadership experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
· Communication skills both written and verbal
· Active listening skills
· Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships both internally and with third party vendors
· Ability to influence and drive performance and work towards a common goal
· Ability to work in ambiguous situations
· Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated discipline around planning strategy and tactics
· Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
· Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)