Permanent General Companies, also known as "The General" Insurance Company as seen in national television advertisements, is a rapidly growing company and a leading non-standard auto insurance provider. Currently, we are seeking qualified applicants for Total Loss Assistant. We offer an employee-friendly and collaborative environment where the right candidate will learn and grow with the company.
The General® offers a generous benefits package to its employees including medical, dental, vision and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), 401(k) participation with a matching contribution, wellness initiatives and much more!
This position will assist with the total loss department’s administrative functions through the management of designated tools and technology to help support the business’s goals.
· Provide daily and weekly reporting to the department that assist in the timely resolution of total loss claims.
· Serve as technical expert for approved 3rd party valuation company
· Actively involve the adjusters and their supervisors on resolution of any complex issues related to rental and/or salvage management
· Maintain accurate and timely file activity compliance within the claims system, timely management of vendor dashboards, and timely management of phone and mail in accordance with the company’s good faith handling guidelines and state mandated timeframes
· As directed by the department, draft professional and customer centric written communication to the customer regarding claim processing and total loss settlement
· Assist in monitoring of files and/or dashboards for payment authorization and make payment when appropriate and contact customer to advise of payment issuance
· Work with lienholders, salvage vendors and other associated parties involved in the resolution of the claim as necessary
· Other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma / GED
· Prior insurance experience preferred especially in auto claims
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
· Communication, time management, organization and customer service skills
· Ability to analyze basic policy language and provide explanation on application of coverage to our customers, including rental and advance fees.
· Prefer prior title and/or salvage experience.
· Requires proficient PC and Microsoft Office skills.