Permanent General Companies, also known as "The General" Insurance Company as seen in national television advertisements, is a rapidly growing company and a leading non-standard auto insurance provider. Currently, we are seeking qualified applicants for Total Loss Adjuster. We offer an employee-friendly and collaborative environment where the right candidate will learn and grow with the company.
The General® offers a generous benefits package to its employees including medical, dental, vision and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), 401(k) participation with a matching contribution, wellness initiatives and much more!
This position is responsible for evaluating and negotiating first and third party total loss claims while providing superior customer service.
· Evaluate and negotiate first and third party total loss automobile claims within the established settlement authority
· Negotiate total loss claims, including storage and other advance fees with customers while maintaining highest standards of customer service
· Open, close and adjust reserves in accordance with company practices designed to ensure reserve adequacy and recommend special reserves where necessary. Establish and authorize reserves and claims payments within the delegated authority.
· Serve as technical expert for approved third party valuation company
· Maintain accurate and timely file diary, manage phone and mail to stay abreast of claims settlement activities assuring timely disposition
· Maintain strong working relationships with outside vendors including body shops, salvage vendors, independent appraisal companies, and lienholders in order to achieve consistent business results
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· High School Diploma / GED required; College degree preferred
· 2 + years of claim experience preferably in the physical damage area
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
· Ability to understand vehicle construction, vehicle anatomy, interpret market value trends and be fluent in salvage values as it relates to total loss settlements
· Possess ability to communicate complex concepts clearly, both verbally and in writing, to the customer with a focus on providing exceptional service experiences.
· Proficient PC and Windows skills.
· Position requires the ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) as well as the calculation of averages and percentages.