Permanent General Companies, also known as "The General" Insurance Company as seen in national television advertisements, is a rapidly growing company and a leading non-standard auto insurance provider. Currently, we are seeking qualified applicants for Supervisor, Total Loss. We offer an employee-friendly and collaborative environment where the right candidate will learn and grow with the company.
The General® offers a generous benefits package to its employees including medical, dental, vision and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), 401(k) participation with a matching contribution, wellness initiatives and much more!
This position is responsible for providing day to day direction, technical supervision and strong leadership to a staff of specialists whose primary tasks are the adjudication and settlement of total loss auto claims. The role will manage quality assurance and serve as a technical resource to staff and others in the organization as well as review more complex cases and settle or initiate further action within approved authority limits. The role will be responsible for managing multiple adjusting teams to ensure productivity, loss ratio, quality handling and budget goals are achieved.
· Perform people management functions to include, but not limited to: hire, coach, develop, motivate, train, evaluate, reward, discipline and terminate. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department.
· Review files for accuracy and completion
· Grant authority on claim reserves and payments
· Monitor pending and reserve adequacy within the unit
· Review incoming file assignments and work load, ensuring appropriate distribution amongst adjusters
· Resolve elevated calls from customers
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
· 5+ years claims handling experience with a minimum of 1 year of total loss and/or material damage experience
· 1+ years of previous management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
· Ability to demonstrate professional oral and written communication skills
· Decision making and problem solving skills
· In-depth knowledge of operating protocols in the region being serviced
· Strong organization, analytic skills required as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office required (Word, Windows, Excel)