The General – A Leading Non-standard Auto Insurance Provider.
Currently, we are seeking qualified applicants for an inbound call center Claims BI Supervisor position. Reporting to the Manager of Claims, the Claims BI Supervisor manages a staff of adjusters for our inbound call center. In this position, the Claims BI Supervisor will include providing day to day administrative and technical supervision for a staff of Claims Representatives whose primary tasks are the adjudication and settlement of bodily injury claims, along with any associated property damage.
Why The General?
The General has been writing auto insurance throughout the country for 50 years. We offer an employee-friendly and challenging work environment where the right candidate will learn and grow with the company. We pride ourselves on teamwork and quality customer service.
The General offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), wellness initiatives, 401(k) participation with a matching contribution and much more!
Other essential job responsibilities will include:
• Oversee staff adjusters to ensure that file handling meets company standards and statutory guidelines.
• Direct work assignments, manage work schedules and review work-in-progress.
• Handle all personnel actions including hiring, performance reviews, salary recommendations and will coordinate training and development for their direct reports.
• Manage quality assurance and serve as a technical resource to subordinates and others in the organization, as well as review more complex cases and settle or initiate further action within approved authority limits.
• Ensure productivity, loss ratio, quality handling and budget goals are achieved by the team.
• Grant authority on claim reserves and payments; monitor pending and reserve adequacy within the unit.
• Review incoming file assignments and work load, ensuring appropriate distribution among adjusters.
• Associate’s Degree or higher in business related field or equivalent experience. • Minimum of five to seven years claims handling experience with a minimum of one year supervisory experience. • Attorney represented and litigation claims handling experience is preferred. • Computer proficiency with familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Windows and Excel. • Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with claims personnel, insureds/claimants, attorneys, vendors, etc. • Ability to use and interpret information which requires refining and improving existing methods of claims analysis. • Excellent time management and organizational skills. • Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) as well as the calculation of averages and percentages.